Thursday

OOTD • freedom is bliss

Chambray shirt: Marshalls (similar)
Belt: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Trouser jeans: Old Navy (similar)(similar)
Clogs: Target (similar)(similar)


Freedom, sweet freedom.  It was sooooo nice getting dressed this morning.  I had been wanting to try the chambray shirt and trouser jean combo since I saw it on Olivia Palermo.  Now that the remix is over, I could finally give it a go and I was quite pleased with the result. Of course, I don't know if I like it because it actually looks good or because of the fresh clothes, but whatever it is...it's workin'.

Thanks to the 30 for 30, I have a completely new outlook on my style.  The challenge was hard, and even annoying at times, but I am glad I stuck it out.  It has taught me so much about myself and where I want to go with my personal style. 

Here is a summary of the wardrobe lessons learned along the way:
  1. Dressing fashionably doesn't have to uncomfortable.
  2. If I don't love something, I won't wear it.
  3. Layering (even light layers) build a more interesting outfit.
  4. I don't always have to coordinate.
  5. Jeans do, eventually, get boring.
  6. Pops of color are great, but only if you have a good neutral base.
  7. I need to invest in better accessories.
  8. If something doesn't flatter my body, no matter how cute it is, don't buy it.
  9. I have too many cardigans, jeans, tees....
  10. Everyday is a new day to look stylish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...