Friday

Ringing in the New Year



Sweater :: Banana Republic Factory Outlet Dec 2011
Shirt :: Loft Summer 2011
Jeans :: PaperDenim&Cloth Thrifted 2011
Shoes :: Target May 2010
Belt :: Kohl's Summer 2011



Here it is...my first outfit post of the year.  Nothing too fancy, but just right for my everyday style (and just right to camo the pooch).  Ugh, the Holidays!!!

December (well, all of the Fall, really) was a bit of a downward slope in the health and fitness department.  Cookies were abundant and willpower was non-existent.  However, with the new year came new determination to resist the Cookie Monster inside.  Here are a few of goals I have set of myself this year:
  1. Eat Healthier :: I have started up Weight Watchers online to help me get back on track food wise.  The online program works well for me as I have used it in the past with fairly good success. I am giving myself 6 months to drop 15 pounds reach my goal weight. I think I can....I think I can......
  2. Eat Veggie :: I have also become a Vegetarian over the last 2 months.  After watching numerous documentries on NetFlix about food and health (Forks over Knives, Food, Inc., etc.), I figured it was time to take the plunge.  It is still pretty challenging but I have found a few resources to to help me stick to it. (If you are looking for some great food planning support—veggie, gluten-free, or carnivore—check out The Fresh 20.)
  3. Exercise Less :: What?  Exercise less?  Yes, exercise less.  My routine last year involved two 2-hour sessions and three 1-hour sessions a week.  It was too much for little result.  I would also avoid cooking because I was exhausted, so dinner was often fast and not-so-healthy.  I am hoping limiting my workouts to no more than an hour will help keep my dietary plan on track, without sacrificing fitness.
  4. Spend Less :: 2011 was my first year in the fashion blog arena...and well, I went a little overboard trying out new trends.  Now I have a closet full of items that I hardly wear because, in reality, the trend just wasn't 'me'.  So, I plan on reevaluating my wardrobe and being more smart about what I choose to add to it.  I hope this will help me define my style and save me some money at the same time.
So, let the new year begin.  Hopefully, you have some resolutions of your own, but if not...feel free to borrow mine.  Don't worry, they are not copywritten.  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...